Who is this for?
Residents aged 18 or over registered with a West Sussex GP who are in need of support to cope/manage with either or both of the following long term conditions:
- Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes
- A cardiac condition
People living with these long term conditions and who may be anxious or low in mood.
Support is available to help people adjust to a new diagnosis or at a later stage as the condition progresses.
What to expect
A friendly qualified team of speciaPage therapists and healthcare practitioners work with the person and their families and carers to achieve the outcomes the person identifies for example:
- Making and sustaining healthy lifestyle changes
- Compliance with medication
- Overcoming fears anxieties and low mood related to living with a long term condition
- Reducing the impact of the condition on work, family life and other activities
- Improved education and understanding of the condition and related symptoms.
- Phone consultations
- One to one sessions
- Group work
Referral to this service is via a West Sussex GP or other healthcare professionals, or you can self refer.