Christmas is going to be different for many people this year, with plans disrupted and more people than usual spending it alone.
Many websites and organisations have offered tips about how people can protect their mental health over this difficult period. We've shared a few links to outside organisations below, but the overall message is similar whichever website you visit:
- Accept that your Christmas may not be the same this year - rewrite the rules and plan something different
- If you need to, just think of Christmas as postponed
- Be kind to yourself, and take some extra time for self-care
- Try to get some exercise every day, preferably outside
- Make contact with someone, even if it's wishing a stranger Happy Christmas while you walk round the block
Click on the links below for more detailed information: