Who is this for?
Pathfinder Worthing provides advice, information and support for people aged 18+ affected by mental health problems living in Worthing and the surrounding area, as well as carers, friends, professionals and other agencies.
What to expect
Pathfinder provides a single point of contact, so you won't have to fill in multiple forms and can access different kinds of support from a number of organisations. Our staff are trained to provide one to one mental health advice and support. You can email or call us.
Pathfinder services operate during normal working hours, if you are calling out of hours or can’t get through, just leave a message or drop us an email and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
We may not always be able to respond quickly as we’re not a crisis service but you can find contact details for other services in the Crisis Support section of this website if you need urgent help.
How we can support and advise you
If you feel you could benefit from support from Pathfinder you can download this form, fill it in and email or post it to us at the address on the bottom. Unfortunately the form does not work well on most mobiles. If you have difficulties with this please call or email instead and we will be able to offer advice.
Pathfinder Worthing provides:
- Information, advice and signposting by phone or by email, staffed Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 9.00 am to 5 pm. Tuesday 9am to 7pm
- Mental Health Advice and Information session at Worthing Library every Monday 10am to 12pm. Check by phoning 01903 268107
- Individual and group support, creative and practical activities provided by Pathfinder Alliance partners and other local services
- Access to peer support
- A range of services provided by local partners, to support people with their mental health and wellbeing
- West Sussex Mind also provides a young adults service (for 16-25-year-olds) and Families in Mind for parents with young children.
Regular groups and activities accessible through Pathfinder in the Worthing area include:
- Book group
- Crisis planning
- Women’s group
- Men’s group
- Pop up gardening
- Talking therapies
- Mindfulness (everyday living or peer led)
- Sleep hygiene
- Anxiety and depression
- Medication awareness
- Music group
- Pop up art
- Cook and eat
Other Pathfinder Services in Worthing
Pathfinder Worthing is part of a network of mental health support across West Sussex, Pathfinder West Sussex.
Other Pathfinder Alliance partners providing mental health support in Worthing include:
- CAPITAL Project Trust – Peer support
- Mind in Brighton and Hove – Community Mental Health Advocacy and Independent Mental Health and Advocacy (IMHA)
- Rethink- Asian language mental health helpline
- Southdown - Employment support
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SPFT) - Pathfinder Clinical Service
- United Response – Community support