Who is this for?
Pathfinder Adur provides advice, information and support for people aged 18+ affected by mental health problems living in Fishersgate, Lancing, Shoreham, Sompting, Southwick and the surrounding areas, as well as carers, friends, professionals and other agencies.
What to expect
Pathfinder provides a single point of contact, so you won't have to fill in multiple forms and can access different kinds of support from a number of organisations. Our staff are trained to provide one to one mental health advice and support. You can email or call us.
Pathfinder services operate during normal working hours, if you are calling out of hours or can’t get through, just leave a message or drop us an email and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
We may not always be able to respond quickly as we’re not a crisis service but you can find contact details for other services in the Crisis Support section of this website if you need urgent help.
How we can support and advise you
If you feel you could benefit from support from Pathfinder you can download this form, fill it in and email or post it to us at the address on the bottom. Unfortunately the form does not work well on most mobiles. If you have difficulties with this please call or email instead and we will be able to offer advice.
Pathfinder Adur provides:
- Information, advice and signposting by phone or by email, staffed from Monday to Friday from 10.30am to 4pm
- Mental Health Advice and Information session when Pathfinder staff are available to talk through local support that is available and what might be suitable for you, on the first Thursday of the month from 1pm to 3pm at Lancing Library, Penstone Park, Lancing BN15 9DL. Please check by phoning 01273 871575.
- Individual and group support, creative and practical activities provided by Pathfinder Alliance partners and other local services
- Access to peer support
- A range of services provided by local partners to support people with their mental health and wellbeing.
- West Sussex Mind also provides a young adults service (for 16-25-year-olds) and Families in Mind for parents with young children.
Other Pathfinder Services in Adur
Pathfinder Adur is part of a network of mental health support across West Sussex, Pathfinder West Sussex.
Other Pathfinder Alliance partners providing mental health support in Adur include:
- CAPITAL Project – Peer support
- West Sussex Mind – service for Young People aged 16 to 25
- Mind in Brighton and Hove – Community Mental Health Advocacy and Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA)
- Rethink – Asian language mental health helpline
- Southdown – Employment support
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust – Pathfinder Clinical Service