What are the current options for support?
Phone support is the preferred support option for the majority of people accessing our service at present. After identifying your goals and support needs during the initial discussion, you will be allocated a peer/outreach recovery worker who will contact you to agree a schedule for phone support. You can let us know what approach you find most beneficial and what frequency of contact suit you best.
If you would prefer video calls rather than phone calls we can arrange with you for support sessions to take place via Zoom or Attend Anywhere.
Face to face support sessions are available for those who not able to access support via digital means, or for those situations where digital support would not be appropriate/effective. However we will need to have phone contact with you prior to the session and on the day of the planned session as we have covid risk assessments that we need to share and discuss with you prior to these sessions taking place.
What is currently being offered in terms of digital groups?
At present we have the following WhatsApp Groups and Zoom sessions:
WhatsApp Group Chats
Eat Well, Live Well
Wednesday: Craft Club Catch Up
Friday: Living Mindfully guided meditation
At present we have no face to face group activities.
Other Pathfinder Services in Chichester
Pathfinder Chichester is part of a network of mental health support across West Sussex, Pathfinder West Sussex.
Other Pathfinder Alliance partners providing mental health support in Chichester include:
- CAPITAL Project Trust – Peer support
- West Sussex Mind – Living well service: 50+ and Dementia support; service for Young Adults aged 16-25; and Families in Mind
- Mind in Brighton and Hove – Community Mental Health Advocacy and Independent Mental Health and Advocacy (IMHA)
- Rethink- Asian Mental Health Helpline
- Southdown - Employment support
- Stonepillow - Homelessness services
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SPFT) - Pathfinder Clinical Service
- United Response – Community support